Furnace Repair & Maintenance in Ottawa, ON
Parent Heating & Cooling’s Furnace Repair Services
Don’t get left in the cold with a malfunctioning furnace! Parent Heating & Cooling provides furnace repairs for residents of Ottawa, ON. Since 1975, we’ve offered high-quality heating and cooling services by our licensed and experienced professionals. We understand furnace issues happen at the most inopportune times, so we’ll be there as quickly as possible to repair your furnace. We offer emergency services to ensure you’re as comfortable as possible in your home. Contact us today to learn more.
Common Signs You Need a Furnace Repair
Your furnace may be screaming for repairs. The most common signs you need a furnace repair include:
- Strange Smells – If you notice a strong fuel smell or an unexpected odour, they may indicate excessive dirt or a gas leak.
- Inadequate Heating – Your furnace may produce a low level of heat or none at all due to leaking ductwork or faulty thermostats.
- Unusual Noises – Furnaces make noises, but you may have a problem if you hear banging or other loud noises.
- Poor Air Quality – A poorly maintained furnace may leave floating dust and debris in the air, irritating your allergies and causing other respiratory ailments.
- Carbon Monoxide Detector Alert – When your carbon monoxide detector goes off on the furnace, it may indicate hazardous toxic gases.
What Are the Most Common Furnace Problems?
Furnaces face problems over time. The most common furnace problems include:
- Old, dirty filters
- Thermostat malfunctions
- Dirty ductwork
- Gas leaks or odours
- Uneven heating
- Faulty starting mechanism
- Broken blower components
- Tripped circuit breaker
When Should the Furnace Be Replaced?
Our team will thoroughly examine your furnace to determine if you need repairs or a replacement. The most common signs it’s time to replace your furnace include:
- Age – Most furnaces last 15 to 20 years.
- Major Repairs – As your furnace ages, the severity of repairs often increases as you need to replace more parts.
- High Energy Bills – Older furnaces must work harder to produce the same energy level, resulting in higher energy costs.
Furnace Repair Cost
The price of furnace repairs varies depending on your issues. Most furnace repairs typically range from $500 to $1,000. Our experienced furnace technicians will quickly determine your furnace problem and offer a quote before performing any repairs or replacements. We offer financing options if you need help with furnace repair costs.
Parent Protection Plan
The most important thing you can do is properly maintain your furnace with a maintenance plan. We offer our Parent Protection Plan to reduce the need for unplanned service calls. Our Parent Protection Plan includes:
- Annual cleaning and inspection
- Detailed inspection report
- ALL parts, except heat exchangers
- ALL labour costs
- 24-hour priority “no heat” emergency service
Call in the Experts for Furnace Repair
Parent Heating & Cooling is here for your furnace repair needs. We’re proud to be a leader in Ottawa, ON, for our comprehensive cooling and heating services. We’ll help determine the best approach to repair your furnace to get the heat flowing as quickly as possible. Contact us today for a free quote or to request an appointment.
Why Choose Us?
- BBB Accredited
- Competitive Pricing
- Free Quotes Available
- Nearly 40 Years of Experience
- 2014 Ottawa Consumer Choice Award
- Bryant Factory Authorized Dealer