Geothermal Heating Systems in Ottawa, ON
Save Money with Geothermal Heating
If you’re looking for an efficient home heating method that can save you money, look no further than geothermal heating. The HVAC experts at Parent Heating & Cooling install and repair geothermal heating systems in Ottawa, ON. Geothermal systems use energy stored in the Earth to heat and cool your home. They are the most cost-effective and energy-efficient renewable alternatives to traditional heating and cooling sources. According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, geothermal exchange systems can save homeowners up to 70% on heating costs and up to 50% on cooling costs compared to more conventional systems, such as oil, gas, and propane. Geothermal systems are good for the environment and offer worry-free, year-round comfort. Learn more and get in touch with our team for your free quote.
Comprehensive Geothermal Services
Did you know that the Earth stays a consistently cool temperature just a few meters below your lawn? You can take advantage of the pleasant and constant temperature to heat your home in the winter and cool it during the summer. Sometimes called a ground source heat pump, a geothermal system uses liquid-filled pipes and transfers heat to where it is needed. During the winter, heat is brought into your home from the ground, and the process is reversed during the summer when heat is transferred from your home back into the ground. Our HVAC specialists offer geothermal system installation and repair services for home and business owners in Ottawa.
The Benefits of Switching to Geothermal Heating
Before you decide whether geothermal heating is right for you, it makes sense to explore the benefits that doing so can provide you. Using geothermal heating is ideal because it utilizes the land you already own to heat and cool your home. Check out some benefits of switching to geothermal heating:
- Saving Money – Geothermal heating is less expensive than using gas, oil, electric furnaces, or propane. Homeowners who switch to geothermal heating can experience reduced operating costs and reduced home insurance rates. Geothermal is energy efficient, and for every $1 you put into your investment, you can get about $4 to $5 in heat energy back. Ground source heat pumps are almost twice as efficient as air source heat pumps are.
- Environmentally Friendly – Reduce greenhouse gas emissions by more than two-thirds when you switch to geothermal heating. Geothermal heating allows you to reduce your dependency on fossil fuels while reducing your carbon footprint.
- Odourless – Geothermal heating systems do not produce odors, which makes them ideal for people with allergies or who are sensitive to poor air quality and noxious gases. Geothermal systems are also recommended for highly insulated buildings.
- Safety – A geothermal system is located inside your building, making it less vulnerable to accidents, vandalism, or acts of nature. Geothermal systems are also non-flammable, with no need to store fuel.
- Additional Benefits – There are many other benefits of having a geothermal heating system installed in your home. These systems require no additional air conditioning equipment, maintain your ideal humidity level during the summer and winter, offer better airflow and cleaner air, are much quieter than traditional systems, and can also heat your home’s water.
How Heat Pumps Work
Before you decide to upgrade to a heat pump, you’ll want to understand what a heat pump is and how it works. Geothermal heat pumps consist of a system of pipes located underground. These pipes take advantage of the consistent underground temperatures. Water or another mixture takes on the temperature of the ground and uses a distribution system to cool or heat your home. In the winter, your geothermal heat pump warms up your home by compressing heated air that is distributed throughout your home. The process is also effective at cooling your home during the summer months.
How Heat Pumps Can Save You Money
Every homeowner wants to save money, and geothermal heat pumps are an effective way to do so. The three main ways you can save money by opting for geothermal heating in Ontario are efficiency, low maintenance costs, and low operating costs. You may also qualify for government subsidies when you invest in renewable energy. The geothermal heating experts at Parent Heating & Cooling are happy to answer any questions you may have. Our team is committed to keeping your home comfortable and safe for you and your family. Contact us today to get your free quote or schedule service.
Why Choose Us?
- BBB Accredited
- Competitive Pricing
- Free Quotes Available
- Nearly 40 Years of Experience
- 2014 Ottawa Consumer Choice Award
- Bryant Factory Authorized Dealer